As I sat here at work (where I should be working) rifling through the html on the page trying to make my page decent looking, it brought me back to the days in middle school when the internet started to boom and get all its hype. You know, the days when we all had a xanga and left kudos or props, asianavenue, apt107, and not to leave out the start of myspace. I would spend countless hours in front of the computer updating my blog, reading other people's blog, rearranging my page, and leaving comments. Oh how those days are long gone.
I think the reason I have come to love the internet more and more over the years is that is so much easier to express how you feel and to even communicate. One of my downfalls I've come to discover is that I am not very good at having real conversations in person and that for me they are much better done over I.M. or something. Of course I don't purposefully do it. It's just easier. This is where the downside comes in. It's so darn impersonal. I wish we could go back to those days in which we walked next door to our neighbors house and asked if your friend could come out and play. The days of of home run derby, cops and robbers, random games you would make up because you were tired of playing the same ones day in and day out, you know the days where you would sleep in, and go play outside until it was dark.
yeah i miss those days too... although they were the weirdest and stupidest games we played when we were younger... they were so much fun!
ReplyDeleteit sucks now cause as much as you want to just sleep in without a care in the world, reality hits you and you can't just sleep in.. you have to work. go to school. live. So much it takes control of your life. But I guess it is fine if you can keep that little bit of child in you... and give yourself time to step out of reality and go back to cops and robbers... sleeping in.. and just be so care free.
i still like to play those games. =)
ReplyDelete