Sunday, September 13, 2009
Lessons Learned
Today I took a drive. A drive back to where my life is, to school, to my friends, to the middle of nowhere. It’s been a really long time since I’ve been able to just sit and actually just think of everything in my own little world. For the first time it was a full five hours of just thoughts. Usually I get pretty bored and start to get tired, but this time was different. I dreaded coming back to Pullman, a trip I am usually pretty happy about making.
I miss the fam., and my mom and I hate being so far away. I have taken for granted how lucky and blessed I am. My mom does so much for me and after just having a heart to heart with her makes miss her even more now that I’m gone.
I miss my friends and being able to hang out with them on our days off. Now that one just had her first kid I’m sad that I won’t be able to just drive 10 min to hold the limp noodle. I miss the people that I’ve known forever but have done a bad job at keeping in touch.
I’m learning to not take what I have for granted especially to friends that still want to chill and catch up after not hanging out for 2 years. Those are the friends I hope to have and the friends I hope to do a better job at being there and keeping in touch with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment